Trimix for Men
Trimix is a form of erectile dysfunction treatment that comes in the form of a penile injection. The medication works by relaxing the smooth muscle and opening the blood vessels in your penis, causing an erection. The injection is self-administered and can be taken 5-15 minutes before sexual activity.
Going for a long time without an erection can be unhealthy. Having erections keep erectile tissue healthy.
Trimix can be used both for treating erectile dysfunction and treating other conditions as determined by a healthcare provider. Trimix should always be stored in the refrigerator away from light.
Avoid taking PDE5 inhibitors before and after injecting Trimix and discuss with a physician or urologist about any other prescriptions you might be taking. PDE5 medications are very effective for ED but they shouldn’t be mixed with other methods of ED treatment unless this is prescribed by a doctor.
Possible Side Effects of Trimix
- penile pain;
- bruising at the injection site;
- priapism (prolonged erection).
The side effects can be avoided if you follow the doctor’s prescriptions and you don’t use a larger dosage than prescribed by a doctor.
- If you experience an erection lasting longer than two hours, you may take 2- 30 mg Pseudoephedrine tablets OR 2- 25 mg Benadryl capsules by mouth (if you suffer from uncontrolled high blood pressure check with a physician or pharmacist first) and apply an ice pack to the penis.
- If an erection does not subside in the next hour, contact a physician immediately.
- If you experience lumps or curving of the erect penis, contact a physician as well.
Dosage of Trimix
- Trimix should not be used more than once in a 24 hour period.
- Trimix should not be used more than three times in a seven day period.
- The injection site must be alternated with each injection. For example, if the first injection is given on the left side of the penis, the second should be given on the right side of the penis.
How to use Trimix? Mixing Instructions
Trimix must be mixed prior to use.
- To mix, draw 1ml-2ml (see label instructions to determine the correct amount to add) of the diluent (Bacteriostatic Sodium Chloride) and add to the Trimix (powder) vial. Swirl. You no longer need the diluent vial and can discard it after mixing. One diluent vial is included with each vial of
- This medicine must be stored in the freezer between doses and must be fully thawed before each use.
- The medication expires 45 days after the date it was mixed if properly stored in the freezer.
- Please wash your hands before and after the injection.
- Gather supplies for injecting Trimix on a clean work surface.
How to inject Trimix?
1. Gather the materials you will need and place them on a table near the chair or bed where you will be sitting down: your medication vial, syringes, and alcohol swabs.
2. Make sure Trimix is fully thawed out. Clean off the rubber top with an alcohol wipe and allow it to air dry.
3. Pull back on the syringe to allow air into the syringe until the plunger reaches the scheduled dosage amount. This air will be pushed into the Trimix vial to make it easier to draw out the liquid in the vial.
4. Insert the needle into the vial of Trimix and push the plunger on the syringe to push air into the vial.
5. With the needle still in the vial, lift the vial into the air (so the rubber top is pointing towards the ground) so the liquid settles in the top portion of the vial.
6. Pull back on the plunger of the syringe, without removing the needle from the vial, and allow the liquid Trimix to enter the syringe at the correct dosage amount.
7. Gently tap on the side of the syringe with a finger. This will allow any small bubbles to rise to the top of the syringe. Press the plunger gently to let the air out of the syringe.
8. Double check that the amount of Trimix in the syringe is correct and adjust the plunger as needed.
9. Tilt the vial so that it is right-side up (the rubber stopper should point towards the ceiling) and pull the needle out of the vial. Place the vial back into the freezer.
10. You should be sitting upright or slightly reclined when performing the injection. You will be injecting this medication into the corpora cavernosa, the spongy tissue on the sides of the penis.
11. Choose an injection site on the side of the shaft of the penis (shaded area shown in the picture), in the first half area closest to the base of the penis. Between the 9 and 11 or 1 and 3 o’clock position. Avoid visible blood vessels. Do not inject the medication into the head of the penis or the bottom of the shaft.
12. Holding the head of your penis, stretch it lengthwise along your thigh so that you can clearly see the injection site.
13. Clean the injection site with a new alcohol swab.
14. Roll the syringe in your hands for a minute to slightly warm the liquid. Position the penis firmly against your thigh to keep it from moving during the injection.
15. Hold the syringe between your thumb and index finger. Using a steady motion, push the needle straight into the selected site until the metal part is almost entirely in the penis.
16. With a steady motion, push down on the plunger so that the entire volume of solution is slowly injected.
17. Grasp the syringe barrel and pull the needle out of your penis.
18. Apply pressure to the injection site with the alcohol swab for about 5 minutes.
19. Dispose of the used needle in a sharp container.
Don’t forget to consult a doctor in case of any concerns or issues. Get in touch to get free advice.